Spinach, Tomato and Kidderton Ash Goat's Cheese Pizza
1. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Mix with the water to form a soft but not sticky dough. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface for at least 5 minutes until smooth and elastic (or make in a processor or mixer with the dough hook). Cover and leave in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 30 seconds, drain, plunge in cold water, then remove the skins and chop the flesh. Mix with the tomato puree, sugar, and some salt and pepper. Shake the excess water from the spinach. Cook the spinach in a pan with no extra water for 3 minutes, stirring until wilted. Drain thoroughly. Leave to cool, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C (425F/ Gas 7). Put a large pizza pan or baking sheet in the oven to heat.
4. Knock back the dough. Reknead and roll out to a large round, about 30-35cm (12-14in) in diameter. Oil the hot pan or baking sheet and put the dough on it.
5. Spread the tomato mixture over the dough, not quite to the edges. Scatter the spinach and Kidderton Ask goat's cheese and mozzarella over. Sprinkle with the chopped sage. Drizzle with a little more olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Arthur Potts Dawson and 'Grown in Britain Cookbook' published by Dorling Kindersley. Visit the DK site to buy the book
225g (8oz) strong plain flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp caster sugar
1 tsp easy-blend dried yeast
150ml (5fl oz) warm water
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
4 ripe tomatoes
3 tbsp tomate puree
½ tsp caster sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
225g (8oz) fresh spinach, well washed
135g (1 log) Kidderton Ash goat's cheese log Buy Now
100g (3½ oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
6 fresh Sage leaves, chopped
SEND SOMEONE YOU LOVE A CHEESE GIFT
They might just like it!
The Big Cheese
Get free Pong newsletters including new features, latest products, recipes, competitions and more!