12 baby new potatoes
200g green beans, topped & tailed
4 tuna steaks (approx. 500g)
olive oil for brushing
200g Romaine Heart lettuce
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
85g pitted black olives, halved
80g Maida Vale
2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
How to make it
Add a new dimension to your Niçoise salad with soft cheese such as Maida Vale, which has a tangy, punchy flavour and buttery texture.
- Boil the potatoes and the beans until tender
- Drain and cool under cold, running water
- Cut into halves
- Heat a frying pan until really hot
- Brush the tuna on each side with olive oil
- Pan fry for 1 min on each side and then set aside for 2 mins before slicing
- Rough chop the lettuce and put in a bowl with the tomatoes, olives, potatoes, beans, tuna, parsley and French dressing and toss lightly
- Add the chunks of Maida Vale, plus the egg slices, season with black pepper
Recipe courtesy of Tracklements
We have many other salad with soft cheese recipes, here are a few:
A delicious salad of warm fine green beans and tiny new potatoes with chunks of wonderful organic Bath Soft Cheese as a starter, light lunch or healthy supper.
This is a lovely healthy salad and a great entertaining dish. This tuna salad uses Pong L’Eveque and would also work well using skinless chicken breasts instead of the tuna.
This Vacherin Mont d’Or salad offers a smooth and soft finish with the subtle flavour of the artichoke and the nutty, earthiness of the beetroot.