2x 200g Aubergines
60g Pine Nuts
400g tin of Chopped Tomatoes
80g Taleggio DOP
Salt and Pepper
How to make it
These Pecorino Toscano DOP and Taleggio DOP Stuffed Aubergines are a great meat-free dinner option because they’re absolutely packed with flavour. They look really elegant too with their wonderful purple skins. Make sure you choose big fat aubergines to get as much mixture in as possible!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas mark 4
- Prepare a greased baking tray
- Cut the aubergines length ways and score their skin.
- Place on the baking tray skin side down
- Bake for approx 25 mins
- Once cooled, spoon out their flesh being careful to keep the skin intact
- Keep all the flesh, then chop up, and add to a large bowl with chopped spinach, parsley, Pecorino, pine nuts and chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Then mix.
- Using the mixture, fill the aubergine skins, then return to the baking tray
- Lay slices of Taleggio on the top, then return to the oven
- Bake for approx 15 minutes, until they’re golden
- Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley