The greatest gift they’ll get this year is cheese
What’s the most exciting gift that can appear on your door step without warning, or that you’re handed by the receptionist on arrival at the office?
No it’s NOT flowers. We believe the best unexpected present you can receive is a box of carefully selected artisan cheese beauties, nestled in straw and begging to be eaten in one sitting. We shall make our case here for cheese over flowers and we remain convinced that within probably only a couple of seconds of careful consideration you will come to the conclusion that you feel the same way.
have become rooted in our psyches as the first thing we think about when we
need to send someone a gift of love, thanks, condolence or apology. The history
of giving flowers goes back to prehistoric times when we believed with limited
understanding that they had a heeling influence, or later in the middle ages
each flower had a specific meaning. Well come on, all this is now nonsense; we’re
all a lot cleverer these days aren’t we and a great deal more appreciative of
edible things over visual things.
Here are eight reasons why we are certain that receiving a nicely symmetrical box of cheese is a far superior experience to being given an awkwardly shaped bouquet that doesn’t even stand up properly:
1. You can’t
eat flowers - while there are exceptions its difficult to remember the last
time someone said ‘Oh God, this flower tastes amazing!’
2. A cheese gift can last ten times longer - from the minute you receive them they’re on their way out. In many cases, cheese just gets better and better and you can really look forward to the final feast.
3. Cheese can be shared - although this isn’t of course obligatory.
4. Cheese has been made by human hand - years of mastery have gone into the production of an artisan cheese; in the case of a Pont L’Eveque, more than 800 years of craftsmanship.
5. You don’t
have to find a vase to put cheeses in - although you will need a board of some
6. Cheese gifts are gender neutral - flowers are loaded with implication and are heavily biased towards women. Receiving cheese is easy and carefree – just open up and get stuck in!
7. Cheese comes with many health benefits - yes it's true flowers are easy on
the eye but they don’t restore the body’s minerals and they definitely don’t protect
against tooth decay.
8. Giving a box of cheese is original – do you like to be different? Don’t we all? After events such as bereavement, a new baby or retirement you can become inundated with flowers and a different gift such as a box of sumptuous cheeses makes a very welcome change.
So there you have it; the next time you are buying a present, think cheese delivery not flower delivery. If you simply can’t wait why not have a look at our range of cheese gift boxes right away.
Once your order has been shipped don’t forget to turn up about one hour after the delivery has arrived to guarantee a sampling of the goods.
SEND SOMEONE YOU LOVE A CHEESE GIFT
They might just like it!
The Big Cheese
Get free Pong newsletters including new features, latest offers, recipes, competitions and more!