225g macaroni pasta
250g tenderstem broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces
50g plain flour
225g Pong’s Extraordinary… Cheddar, grated
3 generous tbsp Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup
Salt and pepper
Handful of breadcrumbs
How to make it
We’re keen as mustard on this Mustardy Mac and Cheese. Always use a strong cheese when making mac and cheese, we’ve gone for Pong’s Extraordinary… Cheddar with a crunchy texture and deep flavour.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Cook pasta in slightly salted water, reducing the cook time stated on the pack by 5 mins
- Add the broccoli about 4 mins before the end of the reduced cook time
- Reserve half a mug of the hot water before draining the pasta
- Melt butter in a pan
- Stir in flour and cook (whilst stirring) for around 4-5 mins to lose any raw flour taste
- Add the milk and continue stirring until the sauce is smooth and thick, this should take at least 4 mins
- Stir in the Cheddar until melted and then add the Sweet Mustard Ketchup and reserved pasta water
- Season to taste
- Pour the sauce over the cooked, drained pasta and broccoli
- Pour into a suitable baking dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until golden brown and bubbling
Recipe courtesy of Tracklements
This creamy casarecce pasta from star chef Tom Colicchio caught our attention as it’s a dinner party showstopper. Top with a sprinkling of nutty, moreish Pecorino Toscano DOP.
Earthy mushrooms, moreish linguine and sweet (and extremely pongy!) Stinking Bishop are the core components of this dish. The recipe can be found in Milk Made which is a book about cheese… How to choose it, serve it and eat it.