Goddess Cheese Pine Nut Muffins
Goddess Cheese Pine Nut Muffins vibrant strips of aromatic basil run through these delicious buttery cheese, pine nut studded muffins.
Method: Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan, gas mark 6
- Place the pine nuts into a dry skillet or frying pan and toast over a medium heat until golden. Remove from the pan and place on to a plate to cool. Reseve some pine nuts for topping the muffins.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Pile the basil leaves on top of each other and cut into fine strips.
- Add the cooled pine nuts, basil, and seasonings to the bowl.
- Stir with a fork to incorporate.
- Break the Goddess Cheese into lumps and add half to the flour mixture – I found it easier to have the bowl on the scales.
- Cover the cheese in the bowl with the flour mixture. This will stop it clumping together.
- Add the other half of the cheese, again pinching off gooey lumps and dropping them into the bowl. Cover in the flour mixture as before – dry mixture.
- Into a jug add the milk, oil and eggs. Lightly mix with a fork – wet mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture.
- Stir with a fork approximately 10-12 times until the ingredients are just mixed
- Place muffin liners in a muffin tin – I didn’t but would advise you to as it does make the muffins easier to removed
- Divide the muffin mix between the 12 cases.
- Top with the reserved pine nuts – if you have forgotten to reserve any don’t worry they will still look and taste delicious.
- Place the tin in the top of the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- The muffins are cooked when they are just firm to touch and golden brown.
- Once baked remove the muffins from the oven.
This recipe is courtesy of Feasting is Fun.
Recipe: Makes 12 Goddess Cheese Pine Nut Muffins
- 50g/2oz Pine Nuts
- 300g/11oz Plain White Flour (self raising can be substituted – leave out the baking powder)
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Whole Free Range Eggs
- 200ml Semi-Skimmed or Whole Milk
- 4tbsp Vegetable/Sunflower Oil
- Goddess Cheese 150g/5oz
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/4tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Method: Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan, gas mark 6
SEND SOMEONE YOU LOVE A CHEESE GIFT
They might just like it!
The Big Cheese
Get free Pong newsletters including new features, latest offers, recipes, competitions and more!