Oven Baked Cheeses
There are plenty of cheeses that are perfection simply baked in the oven. The trick is finding the right dish to bake it in, adding the right extra flavours for each unique cheese, and of course creating the ideal dipping accompaniments. Our choices for perfect oven-baked cheeses are Camembert de Normandie AOC, Tunworth, and Vacherin Mont d'Or.
Each cheese will vary slightly in cooking time due to their size and consistency, so look for particular recipes for each cheese. Here is one for Camembert de Normandie AOC.
1. Preheat the oven to around 180ºC
2. Place in a oven-proof dish that fits the cheese perfectly. Too large and the cheese may spread to the dish corners.
3. Add your ideal topping such as rosemary tips or garlic cloves, or drizzle with oil or honey.
4. Bake for between 15-20 minutes, until it's oozy in the middle but still just holds it's shape.
5. Serve with crusty bread, mixed nuts and berries, mini potatoes, breadsticks, or any of your favourite accompaniments that are perfect for dipping.
Accompaniments & toppings of choice
SEND SOMEONE YOU LOVE A CHEESE GIFT
They might just like it!
The Big Cheese
Get free Pong newsletters including new features, latest offers, recipes, competitions and more!