Recipe: Makes 28-32 Mini Red Leicester Tarts
- 320g Puff Pastry
- 100g/4oz Sparkenhoe Red Leicester Cheese
- 4tbsp Good Quality Onion Marmalade
- 3tbsp Chives – finely chopped
Method: Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan, gas mark 7
You will also need a mini muffin tin
How to make it
- If frozen remove the pastry from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the rind from the cheese and finely grate.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 5cm/2″ squares.
- If your mini muffin tin is not non stick then spray with a little oil.
- Place one pastry square on to each mini muffin hole and press gently so that it dips in and forms a cup.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of onion marmalade to each pastry square.
- Place 1 teaspoon of finely grated Sparkenhoe Red Leicester cheese on top of the onion marmalade.
- Snip over a sprinkle of fresh chives.
- Place the tin in the middle of the preheated oven and bake the tarts for 10-12 minutes. They are baked when they are risen, golden and full of bubbling, melted cheese.
This recipe is courtesy of Feasting is Fun.