Grilled field mushrooms with Red Leicester
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Cut stalks out of mushrooms and lay on a baking tray, and sprinkle over lemon zest and juice, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place in top of over for 10 - 15 minutes until mushrooms have halved in size.
4. Place Red Leicester over the top of the mushrooms and bake in oven until melted.
5. In the meantime, toast the soda farls and divide between 4 plates.
6. When mushrooms are cooked, placed on soda farls.
7. Drizzle any liquid that has collected in the tray onto the mushrooms, finish with rocket, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
2 x soda farls cut in half
1kg field mushrooms
250g Red Leicester Buy Cheese
A sprig Thyme
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
A small bag of rocket
Salt and pepper
SEND SOMEONE YOU LOVE A CHEESE GIFT
They might just like it!
The Big Cheese
Get free Pong newsletters including new features, latest offers, recipes, competitions and more!