Makes approx 15
300g closed cup or chestnut mushrooms, or large flat mushrooms
100g Bath Soft Cheese
70g Wyfe of Bath
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red pepper
Half red onion
Salt and Pepper
How to make it
These three cheese topped mushrooms uses cheeses all found in the Bath Organic Selection Box – Bath Soft, Wyfe of Bath and Somerset Organic Cheddar. Together they make a gorgeous mouthful of mushroom packed with complex flavours.
Somerset Organic Cheddar has a tangy mature taste you want from a cheddar but also creamy and crumbly. Bath Soft is an organic soft cheese with a white bloomy rind, it tastes creamy and buttery with a hint of mushroominess. Wyfe of Bath is an organic gouda-like cheese with a yellow rind. Very succulent and bouncy to the touch.
Here’s the recipe:
- Clean the mushrooms as necessary
- Take the stems out of each mushroom to create a hole inside
- In a bowl mix the Bath Soft with the grated Wyfe of Bath, diced red pepper, onion and garlic
- Season the mix with salt and pepper
- Fill each mushroom with a spoonful of the mixture, making sure the filling reaches the top of the mushroom
- Dip each mushroom into the finely grated Somerset Cheddar so it sticks to the cheese mixture
- Place in a baking dish, cheese-side up
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins, until the tops are puffed and golden
- Ideal for a Keto diet, party canapé or light snack. Buy the Bath Organic Selection Box here.