150g Gorwydd Caerphilly Cheese
3 large eggs
Salt and pepper
3 spring onions
flat-leaved parsley (approx 1tbsp)
4 thyme sprigs
How to make it
These traditional vegetarian Welsh sausages are famous for being unequivocally delicious, we think it’s down to the Gorwydd Caerphilly cheese used. Try them with Cartwright and Butler Tomato Chilli Chutney for a delicious snack, or green beans for supper.
- Preheat oven to 140°C (120°C) gas mark 1.
- Grate the Caerphilly cheese.
- Mix the Caerphilly cheese with 150g of the breadcrumbs, finely chopped spring onions, chopped parsley and leaves of thyme, then season.
- Beat together 2 eggs plus the yolk of the third. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a production line of Cheese mixture, egg mix, then remaining breadcrumbs.
- Roll the cheese mix into a sausage shape, then dip into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a frying pan and once hot fry the sausages in batches, around 6-8 minutes each until golden.