500g beef mince
3 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
6 bacon rashers
200g Picos de Europa
6 brioche buns
tomato ketchup or burger sauce
Salt and pepper
How to make it
The secret to a good burger is using beef mince with over 15% fat content. The secret to a GREAT burger is spicy, strong and complex Picos de Europa blue cheese.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and mince, and season.
- Mould the mince mix into patties
- Grill the bacon rashers until nice and crispy
- Add a little oil to a non-stick pan
- Cook the burgers, flipping them every now and again for an even cook
- Grill the brioche bun on both sides
- Now you’re ready to stack –
- Brioche bun base
- Crisp lettuce leaf
- Tomato slice
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Small strips of the crispy bacon
- Tomato or burger sauce
- Brioche bun top
- Serve your blue cheese burger with fries and a salad, naturally!
Picos de Europa
A cheese more commonly known as Picos Blue made in the high mountains of Spain, Picos de Europa is a very salty variety of cheese and is incredible moreish. It has a wonderful spicy taste that gives it a long pleasant aftertaste. So what would be its perfect match? A Spanish red and white such as Cal Batllet Priorato and Pazo Senorans Albarino.
Cal Batllet Priorato is a perfect match for Picos de Europa. Produced in a hot region, this full bodied red offers powerful flavours of ripe fruits which will tantalise the taste buds when enjoyed with a salty cheese. For those who prefer glass of white wine, Pazo Senorans Albarino, has subtle salty and citrus flavours. The Albarino grapes were grown on the Spanish coastline of Galicia giving them the salty characteristics.