230g Montgomery’s Cheddar
55g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
22og all plain flour
How to make it
Light, elegant and fragrant crackers that you can serve with cheese or store and have as a savoury snack with a glass of something delicious.
- Mix together the grated cheese, butter and black pepper until completely blended
- Add the flour and mix until it turns into a dry dough
- Add water (about 2 tbsps) until the dough comes together to form a single dough
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for an our
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/Gas 5.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to be around 5mm
- Using a non serrated circular cutter, punch out circular shapes from the dough
- using a fork edge, make small crosses all over the surface, and pierce all the way through a few times with the prongs
- Scatter with the sea salt
- Bake for approx 10-12 minutes, until the edges begin to go brown
- Leave to cool on a rack then serve. Will keep for approx 3 days.