- 2 x 150g salmon fillets
- 50g butter
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- 100g Finn Triple Cream
- Black pepper
- Lemon zest
How to make it
When you need a sophisticated lunch option look no further than our Potted Salmon and Finn Triple Cream. It’s ideal for creating little party canapes or to spread on a slice of toast, it’ll even work as a sandwich filler. It’s decadent and rich so one little pot should serve about 6-8 people.
- Poach one salmon fillet: In a saucepan with a lid, simmer the fish in enough water to cover it, for about 6 minutes. Drain and leave to cool
- Cut the salmon fillets into small cubes each about 1.5cm square. Put the cubes in a pan with 50g of cubed butter and place on a low heat for about 2-3 minutes. The butter will have melted and you may want to turn over the cubes once. Remove from heat and set aside
- Taking the poached salmon, flake it into chunky pieces and add to a food processor
- Add the smoked salmon, dill, and the Finn Triple Cream – cubed
- Add the zest of a lemon and black pepper
- Blend the mixture until almost smooth, you may want to use a spatula to collect any mixture that’s worked up the sides of the mixer
- Remove the mixture from the mixer and place into a bowl. Add the cooked salmon cubes and fold in gently
- Spoon the mixture into a small glass or ceramic jar.
- Pour over the melted butter from the cooked salmon
- adda few sprigs of dill or chives to garnish
- Cover and leave in the fridge to set
- Eat within 2 days
This recipe has been adapted from a Hairy Biker’s original recipe.