125g Fresh spinach
40g Basil, chopped
5 Pieces marinated artichoke, drained and chopped
180g Yorkshire Blue
25g Plain flour
500 – 750g milk
Salt and pepper
Tablespoon English mustard
Pine nuts (optional)
How to make it
This sweet and salty Yorkshire blue makes this lasagne really special. Serve with a green salad and you’ll have your family singing all week!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat then mix in the flour to make a roux. slowly mix in the milk until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Crumble the blue cheese into the sauce. Season with black pepper and mustard.
- Chop the spinach finely and put in a bowl with the basil, artichokes and ricotta. add 6 tablespoons of the cheese sauce and mix.
- With these two mixtures, begin layering in an oven-proof dish, starting with the ricotta layer, then lasagne sheet, then cheese sauce. Repeat, ensuring that the cheese sauce is the final layer on the top.
- Bake the lasagne for 40 minutes. As an option, sprinkle over pine nuts then bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
Other blue recipes:
Beef Wellington is a classic British that we’ve spruced up with a wonderful French blue cheese. Fourme d’Ambert AOC is creamy and rich which makes it ideal for a layer in a beef wellington, adding depth of flavour to every mouthful.
This Gorgonzola Pasta Bake has a crusty walnut and bread topping which makes it like a crumble. With added vegetables it’s a great dinner option for the whole family.