400g fresh tagliatelle
1 clove garlic
big bunch of fresh basil
30g pine nuts
40g Pecorino Toscano DOP, grated
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
How to make it
Pecorino Pesto Pasta is a simple yet mouth-watering recipe that’s easy to make and sends you straight to the Tuscan hills with one mouthful. We recommend using fresh tagliatelle and Italian Pecorino Toscano DOP for a salty, savoury flavour.
- Use approx 100g fresh tagliatelle per person
- Boil the fresh tagliatelle in salted water until limp and el dente
- It’s easiest to do all the mixing in a food processor bowl
- Start with crushing garlic
- Crush sea salt in a pestle and mortar then add
- Next add the basil leaves, chopped
- Add the pine nuts – these can be lightly roasted in a pan first for extra flavour, if you have the time
- Then add half the Pecorino Toscano DOP
- Add a little oil and start pulsing, adding oil until you get an oozy consistency
- Add the remaining cheese, then season with salt and pepper
- Blend until you’re happy with the consistency
- Drain the pasta and add the pesto into the saucepan, mixing until all the pasta is covered
- Serve the Pecorino Pesto Pasta with an extra sprinkling of cheese.
You can serve simply by itself – perfect for lunch, or with garlic bread and a fresh salad for supper.
Try it with our Green Thunder Cheddar Cheesy Garlic Bread.