225g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
125g grated Lincolnshire Poacher
1 egg yolk
How to make it
These Chilli Cheese Sticks have an earthy and powerful taste that is nuttier than a mature cheddar with overtones of an aged alpine cheese, thanks to the Lincolnshire Poacher. This flavour, combined with the chilli kick makes a great bread stick!
- Preheat oven to 230°C/ 200°C fan/ gas mark 8
- Line a baking sheet
- Rub together the butter, flour and salt to make breadcrumbs
- Mix in the Lincolnshire Poacher
- Add the egg yolk to make a dough
- Flour a surface and roll out the dough
- Make the dough into a rectangle
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan
- Sprinkle over the chilli powder
- Cut into approx 24 fingers and transfer to baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden
Chilli Cheese Sticks are great as ‘soldiers’ with boiled eggs.
Other Lincolnshire Poacher Recipes:
Smoked Lincolnshire Poacher Soufflés not only look the business, but the cheese has an earthy and powerful taste that is nuttier than a mature cheddar with overtones of an aged alpine cheese. It takes this classic dish to a whole new level.
Cheddar Au Gratin potatoes are surely everyone’s favourite dinner carb. They perfectly complement many different meat dishes and when using Lincolnshire Poacher, you get an earthy, powerful kick of flavour.