1 large garlic clove
500ml full fat milk
175g grated Manchego DOC
How to make it
Manchego DOC is wonderfully nutty with caramel flavour, which is why we recommend using this in your dauphinoise recipe. It’s the perfect side dish to roasted meat and steamed green vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 6.
- Using a ceramic or glass baking dish, rub a cut garlic clove all over the sides and base
- After a few minutes, grease the dish with butter
- Peel the potatoes and slice as thinly as possible
- Crush the garlic and add to a saucepan with the milk, salt and pepper, and the sliced potatoes
- Simmer until the liquid thickens, then remove from heat
- Add half the grated Manchego and let melt
- Pour the entire contents into the baking dish, and arrange the potatoes so they are evenly distributed
- Sprinkle the remaining Manchego over the dish
- Bake for 45 mins, or until it’s golden brown on the top and the potatoes are tender