- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 55g butter
- 40g flour
- 1 pint milk
- 2 tsp salt
- ground pepper
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 3 carrots finely chopped
- 75g grated celeriac
- 250g of Somerset Organic Cheddar, grated
- Optional: Croutons, to serve
How to make it
The creamy, tangy and complex flavours of Somerset Organic Cheese come to life in this warming and hearty Cheddar soup. Serve with a hunk of bread of a glass of your favourite cider for a West Country celebration.
- Fry the onion in butter until tender
- Add the flour and cook slowly for a minute, stirring well
- Add the milk, seasoning and stock gradually
- Bring to the boil
- Add the carrots and celeriac and cook until tender
- Stir in the Somerset Organic Cheddar and heat gently until melted
- Serve the Cheddar Soup with croutons and a sprig of parsley
These Chilli Cheese Sticks have an earthy and powerful taste that is nuttier than a mature cheddar with overtones of an aged alpine cheese, thanks to the Lincolnshire Poacher. This flavour, combined with the chilli kick makes a great bread stick.
Westcombe Cheddar is has a fantastic powerful taste which is what you need in a cheese when paired with chilli. The flavour combination in this bread recipe creates rich and earthy tones that is melt-in-your-mouth gorgeous. Serve warm with a knob of butter.
Shropshire Blue Cheese Muffins are a joy for breakfast, snacks, lunches, picnics, soup side-dishes or suppers. They have a soft and bouncy sponge, and a kick of salty, nuttiness from the Shropshire Blue.