200g self-raising flour
150g Shropshire Blue, crumbled
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp salt
120ml semi-skimmed milk
150ml sunflower oil
How to make it
Shropshire Blue Cheese Muffins are a joy for breakfast, snacks, lunches, picnics, soup side-dishes or suppers. They have a soft and bouncy sponge, and a kick of salty, nuttiness from the Shropshire Blue.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4
- Place muffin cases in a muffin tray
- In a large bowl mix the flour, Shropshire Blue, parsley and salt together
- In a separate bowl mix combine the milk, sunflower oil and egg
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture
- Stir lightly until only just combined
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake for 20-25 mins until they are firm and golden brown
- Serve these Shropshire Blue Cheese Muffins warm
Shropshire Blue is by Cropwell Bishop. Made with same methods as their Stilton, Cropwell Bishop’s Shropshire Blue has an exquisite, nutty flavour, shot through with spicy notes.
For another Shropshire Blue recipe, try this Blue, Orange and Spinach Salad – packed with goodness.
For another muffin recipe, Goddess Cheese Pine Nut Muffins have vibrant strips of aromatic basil running through them. Delicious buttery cheese with pine nuts.