200g self-raising flour
150g Shropshire Blue, crumbled
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp salt
120ml semi-skimmed milk
150ml sunflower oil
How to make it
Yorkshire Blue Cheese Muffins are a joy for breakfast, snacks, lunches, picnics, soup side-dishes or suppers. They have a soft and bouncy sponge, and a kick of salty, nuttiness from the Yorkshire Blue.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4
- Place muffin cases in a muffin tray
- In a large bowl mix the flour, Shropshire Blue, parsley and salt together
- In a separate bowl mix combine the milk, sunflower oil and egg
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture
- Stir lightly until only just combined
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake for 20-25 mins until they are firm and golden brown
- Serve these Shropshire Blue Cheese Muffins warm
For another Yorkshire Blue recipe, try this sweet and salty blue lasagne – packed with goodness.
For another muffin recipe, Goddess Cheese Pine Nut Muffins have vibrant strips of aromatic basil running through them. Delicious buttery cheese with pine nuts.