(Makes: 20 mini potatoes)
20 Medium size new potatoes
4 Rashers lean smoked back bacon
125g/5oz Westcombe Cheddar
Pinches Salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg
1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Sprigs Oregano or flat leaf parsley to garnish
How to make it
Serve these baby baked potatoes from the oven whilst still warm for a really delicious party nibble. Very popular with adults and children too especially if they can have some tomato ketchup to dip them into!
1. Simmer the potatoes until just tender. Grill bacon until crisp.
2. Cut tops of each potato and using a small sharp knife scoop out the flesh. Cut thin strips off potato bases if necessary so that the potatoes can stay upright.
3. Combine potato flesh with the butter and cheese using a fork. Season well and stir in the bacon.
4. Using a teaspoon carefully spoon filling back into the potato shell and top with the potato lids at a jaunty angle.
5. Brush liberally with the olive oil. Rest in a baking dish lined with baking parchment and cook at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 until the filling is golden and the Westcombe Cheddar is oozing.
6. Garnish and serve the baby baked potatoes whilst still warm.
(Courtesy of the British Cheese Board)
Pin Wheels are great as party appetisers or as snacks, and they are simple to make and can even be frozen so that you can throw them in the oven when unexpected guests turn up.
Westcombe Cheddar is has a fantastic powerful taste which is what you need in a cheese when paired with chilli. The flavour combination in this bread recipe creates rich and earthy tones that is melt-in-your-mouth gorgeous.