200g diced turkey – small squares no bigger than 1cm big
4 spring onions thinly sliced
1.5 teaspoons English mustard
100g frozen peas
200g leftover cheese
handful flat-leaf parsley
80g dried breadcrumbs
How to make it
These turkey and cheese potato cakes are the perfect recipe to use up your Christmas leftovers. You can use any of your remaining Christmas cheese but for perfection it’s best to use Gruyère and Cheddar.
- Peel and cut potatoes and bring to boil with a pinch of salt
- Boil for around 15 minutes
- Drain and mash, leaving the potatoes quite chunky
- In a tupperware jug, place the frozen peas in water and microwave for 2 minutes until not frozen
- In a separate bowl combine the cooked turkey,egg, peas, spring onions, parsley, mustard and cheese
- Add the potatoes, season and stir
- Take a walnut sized handful and shape into patties – about an inch thick
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and lightly coat each cake
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan, heat on medium
- Cook the cheese potato cakes in batches until golden and warmed through
The classic post-Christmas turkey sandwich, with an upgrade! The warm toast, Brie de Meaux AOC and cranberry sauce will make you crave turkey all over again.
Liven up your cheeseboard this Christmas with your own moreish, savoury crackers using Montgomery’s Cheddar – a world-class, hand-made Cheddar with a distinctive flavour.