1x 200g salad – ideally frisée, radicchio and lambs lettuce
225g Golden Cross Log
100g pickled, sliced beetroot
150g walnut pieces
For the dressing:
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
pinch of golden caster sugar
8tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
How to make it
If there’s a better combination than Goat’s cheese, beetroot and walnut we’re yet to find it. Golden Cross is a bit sweeter than other goat’s cheeses so it works particularly well with the savoury walnuts. Serve this Goat’s cheese salad with French bread for a lovely light lunch.
- Cut the goat’s cheese log into 1 inch slabs.
- Optional: Place the rounds onto a baking sheet and place under a grill, medium temperature, for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has begun to brown.
- Also delicious just as it is!
- Tear the salad leaves into bite-sizes pieces and wash. If using a bagged salad, open and wash as necessary.
- Mix the red wine vinegar, olive oil and sugar vigorously.
- Cut the beetroot into bite-sized pieces.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Arrange the salad, beetroot and walnuts on places. place two rounds of Golden Cross on each.
- Serve the goat’s cheese salad with some crusty French bread for a lovely light lunch.
For other salad ideas, try this Alex James Co. No 4 Goats’ Cheese Salad with avocado and tomatoes, this Roasted Tomato, Pasta and Goat’s Cheese Salad or this Pine Nut, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad. For other Golden Cross recipes, we’ve got these delicious Golden Cross Goats Cheese Tarts, or for something similar, try these Chicken and Farleigh Wallop Cheese Stuffed Rolls.