2 thick sirloin steaks
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp crème fraîche
How to make it
Steak with blue cheese is a classic flavour combination used by chefs and in recipes the world over. It’s actually quite simple to make, try using Perl Las Blue for a strong, lingering flavour.
- Marinade the steaks for ten minutes in balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- In a separate bowl mix the crème fraîche and Perl Las Blue. Stir in the parsley and season with black pepper.
- Pre-heat the grill to high
- Using a griddle pan, heat on a high heat and add a knob of butter
- When searing hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 mins on each side
- Place the steaks under the grill for 1-2 minutes for medium-rare
- Serve sliced, with a drizzle of the blue cheese sauce and scatter of parsley.
- Steak with blue cheese works well with celeriac chips and asparagus.
For other steak recipes try:
The ideal date night dinner – Bosworth Ash Stuffed Steaks
For other Perl Last Blue recipes try:
Perl Las Blue and Red Onion Tart has a winning combination of sweet red onions, salty Perl Las Blue and nutty, crunchy walnuts, wrapped in buttery puff pastry.
Leek and Perl Las Quiche with Hazelnut Pastry, great with a smooth dry white wine like a subtly oaked Chardonnay, a Pinot Blanc or a Chenin Blanc.