2 x slices of good sourdough
1 rounded tsp of Tracklements Dill Mustard Sauce
2 slices salt beef
3 tbsp sauerkraut
Large knob butter
How to make it
Sourdough Emmental toastie stuffed with salt beef, sauerkraut and dill mustard sauce is the sandwich choice of connoisseurs. Eat with a side of gherkins and a twist of the moustache tip.
- Spread the Dill Mustard Sauce on one side of one of the slices of sourdough
- Add 2 slices of Emmental (we use Raclette slices)
- Add the salt beef and the sauerkraut.
- Top with another slice of Emmental and the second slice of sourdough.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the butter until it’s melted and bubbling.
- Cook the sandwich in the butter for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add a little more butter to the pan if needed and cook the sandwich on the other side.
- Serve the Emmental toastie with a side of gherkins if desired.
Other sandwich recipes
A classic croque monsieur with the added twist of blue cheese and crusty ciabatta makes for a decadent lunch!
Quesadillas are really easy to make and incredibly delicious. The recipe comes from Mexico so it’s only right to use a Spanish cheese and Manchego hits the spot with its nutty and caramel flavours.
Ploughman’s is the quintessential British sandwich. It’s just the ticket for an on-the-go lunch and is sure to keep you stuffed until dinner.