115g grated Le Gruyere Switzerland AOP
100g finely chopped spring onions
Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
As Gruyère becomes stringy when melted it’s a great cheese to use in a frittata. This recipe serves 4-6 so it’s an ideal dinner dish served with antipasto and crunchy bread, or as part of a tapas spread.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and whisk until blended
- Add the Gruyère, chopped spring onions and pepper then mix until combined
- Turn on your grill
- Using a frying pan that you can put under a grill, melt butter, and once it begins to foam pour the egg mixture into the pan. Turn the heat down low.
- When the eggs have set and thickened but the surface remains runny, place the pan under the grill
- Take it out when it has set
- When ready, loosen with a spatula and serve by cutting it into wedges
- Can be served hot or cold