350g waxy potatoes
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
1 large egg
How to make it
Have your own Alpine-fest with this tasty twist on traditional rösti. The parsnip adds a little sweetness to the savoury potato and nutty flavour of Gruyere.
- Peel the parsnips and potatoes
- Using the coarse side of the grater grate the potatoes and parsnips. Squeeze out any excess liquid
- Peel and slice the onion
- Peel and crush the garlic
- chop the sage
- Combine the potatoes, parsnips, onion, garlic and sage and generously season
- Stir in the egg until the mixture is well combined
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. When hot, spread half of the mixture over the base of the pan. Scatter over the Gruyere, then top with the remaining vegetable mixture, spreading it flat
- Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes until golden underneath
- Using a big spatula, slide the rösti onto a large plate then flip back into the pan to cook the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and tender, it’s ready to serve.