Makes around 40 biscuits
110g soft butter
110g self-raising flour
100g Kaltbach Creamy, grated – include the rind if you would like pieces of extra yummy bits
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 beaten egg
How to make it
Kaltbach Creamy is so soft and smooth that it practically melts in the mouth, making these biscuits light, savoury and impossible to stop eating.
- In a large bowl (or a food processor) mix together the butter, flour, cheese and cayenne pepper until it forms a lump of dough
- Place clingfilm on the work surface
- Place the dough on it and roll it into a cylinder, wrapping it in the clingfilm
- Place in the fridge and chilled for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 6
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and the clingfilm
- Slice the dough into 5mm thick discs
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Place the discs on the tray and brush with beaten egg
- Bake for around 4-5 minutes until they are firm and golden brown
- cool on a wrack, then serve.
Ideal for a cheeseboard!