Makes around 40 biscuits
110g soft butter
110g self-raising flour
100g Kaltbach Creamy, grated – include the rind if you would like pieces of extra yummy bits
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 beaten egg
How to make it
Kaltbach Creamy is so soft and smooth that it practically melts in the mouth, making these cheese biscuits light, savoury and impossible to stop eating.
- In a large bowl (or a food processor) mix together the butter, flour, cheese and cayenne pepper until it forms a lump of dough
- Place clingfilm on the work surface
- Place the dough on it and roll it into a cylinder, wrapping it in the clingfilm
- Place in the fridge and chilled for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 6
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and the clingfilm
- Slice the dough into 5mm thick discs
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Place the discs on the tray and brush with beaten egg
- Bake for around 4-5 minutes until they are firm and golden brown
- cool on a wrack, then serve.
Ideal for a cheeseboard or when you’re just hankering for cheese biscuits as a snack!
Here are some ideas on how to make the perfect cheeseboard:
With the Meze Cheeseboard you present just one cheese and surround it with a range of carefully chosen accompaniments for both contradictory textures and complimentary flavours.