450g New potatoes, halved
450g Pumpkin, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large onion, finely sliced
Salt and Pepper
200g Taleggio cheese
300ml Crème fraîche
How to make it
When pumpkins are in season it’s always a joy to be able to actually use it for cooking, not just carving! Try this wintery warming bake with delicious and buttery Taleggio.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan oven) gas mark 7.
- Boil the potatoes, pumpkin and onion together in salted water, for approx 3-4 minutes.
- Drain off the excess liquid and add to a shallow casserole dish. roughly mix in slices of Taleggio.
- Beat a little cold water into the crème fraîche making a thick pouring consistency. Season with pepper then poor over the vegetables.
- Place in the oven and cook, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes, or until bubbling and golden, and so that the potatoes feel tender.
- Serve with some steamed winter greens.